This is a very simple tool for cutting the model into small cubes.
The cuts come from X, Y, Z axis so the model become grids like. The tool use blender's Knife Projection, the geometry is not perfect and it may have some strange edges sometimes, but it is convivence to use.
Cutting the mesh into grids has many usage.
- You can easily deform it by blender's Proportional Editing
- You can sub-divide it (it is not perfect because the faces are not 100% quads, but it helps to sub-divide a ngons heavy model.)
Version 1.1.1 :
- Fixed a bug when used in ortho mode
- Removed the max limit 50 for density (please use high value with caution)
Version 1.1.0 :
- Added "Selected face only" option !
Now you can cut the selected faces only !
Select the faces, run the tool, then check the "Selected face only" option.
- Bug fix
Supported Version :
Support 2.93 or above only.
In Edit model, right click and bring up context menu
Run "Quad Swords" in the bottom of the menu.
The settings can be configured in the Left-Bottom menu
This is a free tool. Hope that you like it :)
Please feel free to checkout my other addons!
Grid Modeler (my paid addon):