Soft Bevel is a experimental tool for beveling selected mesh without overlapping. Blender's default bevel is good but it has self-overlapping problem. This tool try to avoid that. (work for most meshes, but still has problems for complex shape)
it is very useful for many modeling cases. Since it smoothly shrink into a "rounded" form, it can create some interesting shape,
When you have some boolean cut details, this tool can bevel it without overlapping problem.
You can also use the benefit of this tool to create some organic / rounded shape easily.
Edit mode > Face mode >
Select faces, then right click in the 3D viewport ,
Select Soft Bevel at the bottom of the blender's pop-up context menu.
After running the tool, there is a menu at the Left-bottom of the screen.
You can set the bevel size and change settings.
- Does not support selected Edges in edge mode
- Huge update for Soft Bevel !
- Improved Bevel Quality
- Now it support indivual faces selection. You do not need to select all faces
- Now the bevel rounding of single face works correctly
- Added the merge option. It can auto merge the near vertices after bevel
- Disable the tool for Edge mode (since it is not supported properly yet)
- Initial release
This is a free addon. Hope you enjoy it : )
My twitter : https://twitter.com/kushirosea