Mesh Copier (blender addon)
Mesh Copier is a handy tool for copying mesh details from one place to another place.
The source can be defined by selected edge ring or face, and the destination is defined by selected faces.
There are two ways to use the tool :
Method 1 : Use Edge Ring as source and paste to faces
- Select the edges around your details. The edges must be a closed loop. Run the tool, then select "Set Source"
- Select the target faces, then run the tool again and select "Paste"
Select the edge loop around the details :
Run the tool, it will select the region of details. If the region is not correct, you can change it in Left-Bottom menu
Select the target faces :
Run the tool again. It will paste the copied details onto the faces. You can change the orientation and other settings in the Left Bottom menu.
Method 2 : Use Face as source, and also copy some separated meshes, then paste to target faces.
- Select a face then run the tool, select Set as Source
- Select the additional meshes (separated mesh) and also select the source face, then run the tool, and select Copy mesh
- Select target faces then run the tool and select Paste
You can use this tool to create complex model with duplicated parts easily !
Hope you enjoy it : )
- Does not support curved surface for source. The source edge ring needed to be on flat surface
Please read the below guidelines before install
- Do not unzip the addon zip file when you install it, otherwise blender will not install it correctly and cause errors.
- If you installed the unzipped files, you should now uninstall the addon and remove them. Re-install it again (select the zip file during install)
- When you are modeling in Blender, do not Scale object in "Object mode", otherwise it will confuse blender's mesh data for the addons. Please Scale things in "Edit mode" only. (select all then S key)
- Improved the "merging vertices" after pasting. Instead of the whole mesh, now only merge the vertices of pasted mesh.
- Added options for "Do not Scale" and "Do not merge".
- Simplified the workflow and make it easier to use !
- Now you can copy separated mesh directly in the Left-bottom Menu ! No need to hold shift/ctrl keys anymore !
- Select Copy or Paste in the left-bottom menu !
- Added support for separated geometries!
- Now you can include separated parts to be pasted together. Please read the "advanced" section of this document page for details
- Fixed a bug for large complex mesh
- Auto select the correct region (improved)
- Minor bug fixes
- Updated the copy region selection to choose-menu
- Added an option to flip horizontally
- Initial release